Highlights from the IAEA’s Assessment in the Latest Report:
- An investigation using muon tomography has contributed to advancing the assessment of conditions inside a reactor and the development of an effective approach for the removal of fuel debris.
- Continuous monitoring of changes in earth temperature and groundwater levels is essential for assessing the effectiveness of Frozen Soil Wall.
- The lifting of evacuation orders indicates positive results of Japan’s environmental remediation and recovery activities in the affected areas.
- Radionuclide levels in the marine environment are low and relatively stable.
- The situation with regard to the safety of food, fishery and agricultural products continues to be stable. Measures taken to monitor and respond to contamination of food are appropriate, and the food supply chain is under effective control.
The same information is also available from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet at the following websites:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet: