Highlights from the IAEA’s Assessment in the Latest Report:
- Further progress with operations of the frozen wall and sub-drain and groundwater drain systems are acknowledged (the inflow of groundwater has decreased from about 400 m3/day before freezing to about 140 m3/day).
- Progress made in the investigation of the Unit 2 Primary Containment Vessel and in the preparatory activities towards the removal of spent fuel storage pools from the Unit 1 Reactor are noted.
- Efforts and the progress in decontamination work in Special Decontamination Areas and elsewhere are acknowledged.
- Levels of radioactivity in the marine environment are low and relatively stable.
- The situation with regard to the safety of food, fishery and agricultural products continues to be stable. Measures taken to monitor and respond to the contamination of food are appropriate and the food supply chain is effectively under control.
The same information is also available from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet at the following websites:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet: