The Consulate is seeking a well-qualified individual who can respond to a variety of situations utilizing good communication skills to serve as a contact with the media, various organizations, and the public. This position will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as public relations, updating the official website and assisting in addressing economic-related issues. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, has good command of the Japanese language, has IT skills, has good knowledge of Japan as well as international affairs, and will be a reliable and flexible team member in a demanding environment.
Job Opportunity: Media Relations and Public Outreach Specialist
July 25, 2017
- Engage with the public and media, cultural, economic, educational and research-related organizations on a variety of issues, and assist with maintaining good relations between these groups and the Consulate.
- Update, manage, maintain and create content for the Consulate’s website.
- Prepare information for many different audiences by generating and editing speeches, press releases, topical reports, correspondence, web content and other materials.
- Plan official events for the Consulate, and coordinate with outside organizations on events that the Consulate is involved with.
- Provide administrative and any other support necessary to help fulfill the Consulate’s role in promoting Japanese culture and ties in the region.
We need someone who:
- Is equipped with a variety of IT skills, including web programming and graphic design. Experience with HTML is highly recommended.
- Is fluent in English and has good command of the Japanese language.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English.
- Has strong planning, multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Can organize large amounts of information for quick and easy access.
- Has event planning experience and excellent guest service skills.
- Is able to function successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, consistently delivering high-quality work to meet various demands as part of a team.
- Is dedicated to the success of the organization and team members.
- Is eligible for employment in the U.S.
This position is expected to start in late August, 2017.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 8 August, 2017, to:
Consulate General of Japan
601 Union St. #500, Seattle, WA 98101
Attn. Mr. Yukio Motoe