Consulate General of Japan
701 Pike St., Suite #1000, Seattle, WA 98101
Attn. Mr. Yukio Motoe
The Consulate is seeking a well-qualified individual with excellent communication skills to serve as a Media Relations and Public Outreach Specialist. This position is expected to start in January 2020. The ideal candidate possesses a high proficiency in the Japanese language, good knowledge of Japanese culture and international relations, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, a high level of proficiency in Japanese, office software skills, and will be a reliable and flexible team member in a demanding environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Engage with the media, cultural, economic, educational and research-related organizations on varietyof issues, and aassist with maintaining good relations between these groups and the Consulate.
- Prepare information for many different audiences by generating and editing speeches, press releases, topical reports, correspondence, web content and other materials.
- Plan official events for the Consulate, and coordinate with outside organizations on events that the Consulate is involved in.
- Providing assistance necessary to help fulfill the Consulate’s role in promoting Japanese culture and ties in the region.
We need somone who:
- Has a high proficiency in the Japanese language.
- Has a high level of experience related to Japanese culture and international relations.
- Possesses a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is fluent in English.
- Is skilled with office productivity software.
- Has strong planning, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
- Has event planning experience and excellent guest service skills.
- Is able to function successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, consistently delivering high-quality work to meet various demands as part of a team.
- Is dedicated to the success of the organization and team members.
- Is eligible for employment in the U.S.