Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
TEMPORARY WINDOW CLOSURE
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the Seattle area, from March 26 the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle will be offering its services by appointment only.
We are not accepting visa applications at this time except for A; Short-term stay (Temporary visitor visa for business purpose only) and B; Medium or long-term stay (application with Certificate of Eligibility).
※For any questions please contact us at 206-682-9107 (ext.120).
※For any questions in regards to Visas, please contact the Japan Visa Information Hotline at 1-888-671-4583 (24 hrs, English only)
We are currently getting a multitude of inquiries regarding traveling from the U.S. to Japan and vice versa. Due to the effects of the Novel Coronavirus outbreak in our area, we are operating with limited resources. Although we are trying to answer as many inquiries as possible in a timely manner, it may take us longer to respond. In order for us to provide you with the appropriate information, we have created a list of resources below that may help you in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding.
- 【November 5】Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) NEW!
- 【November 4】Re-entry for foreign nationals with the status of residence NEW!
- 【April 16】 Prime Minister Abe has extended the State of Emergency to all Prefectures
- 【April 7】Prime Minister Abe has declared a State of Emergency
- 【April 1】New Measures to Strengthen Border Measures
- 【March 26】 Important Notice on Visa Restrictions for Strengthening Border Security Measures to prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus
- Starting March 26 Temporary Window Closure
- 【March 18】 IMPORTANT NOTICE ON NEW RESTRICTIONS RELATED TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Japanese visa information: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Japanese Immigration and Certificate of Eligibility: Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
- Countermeasures of Novel Coronavirus in Japan: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW)
- MHLW - Q&A
- MHLW Hotline: +81-3-3595-2176 (English and other languages)
- Narita Airport Quarantine Station Phone: +81-476-34-2310 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haneda Airport Quarantine Station Phone: +81-6847-9312 Email: email@example.com *For all other locations click here
- Traveling to Japan for the purpose of tourism: Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
- Novel Coronavirus information: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. citizens traveling abroad: Department of State (DOS)
- U.S. citizens in Japan: U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Japan
- U.S. immigration: Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- U.S. visa: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Washington State Department of Health
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare