Visiting Japan & Visa
*Click here for frequently asked questions and answers.
[New! 2023/3/27] Online visa application is now available.
Please check JAPAN eVISA website
[New! 2023/7/6] Online visa will accept credit card payments from July 10, 2023. Please click here for more information.
IMPORTANT: Applicants should only submit an eVisa application OR a regular visa application. DO NOT submit both types of applications at the same time.
SEE FLOWCHARTS BELOW FOR THE APLICATION PROCESS
FAQ about online application
[New! 2023/3/17] From March 17, 2023, applicants for a long-term stay visa may submit a copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE) instead of an original one.
[New! 2023/3/8]The consulate doesn't accept any inquiries regarding the status of your application. We will contact applicants only if additional documentation is required.
24 Hours/7 days Japan Visa Information Hotline (English) TEL: 1-202-499-1468
The Consulate Consular Section TEL: 206-682-9107 ex.126 or 120
Frequently Asked Questions about Visa
If you have questions, please contact 24 hours/7days Japan Visa Information Hotline. The Consulate is currently receiving a high volume of inquiries while our resources are limited. Please leave a message with your contact information when you call us. It may take us longer to respond to inquiries. Thank you for understanding.
|Staying Safe in Japan|
Custom & Quarantine
What is JNTO ?
Official Name: Japan National Tourism Organization
- Japanese visa information: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Japanese Immigration and Certificate of Eligibility: Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
- Foreign national coexistence policies：Immigration Services Agency of Japan
- Countermeasures of Novel Coronavirus in Japan: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW)
- MHLW Hotline: +81-3-3595-2176 (English and other languages)
- Narita Airport Quarantine Station Phone: +81-476-34-2310
- Haneda Airport Quarantine Station Phone: +81-3-6847-9312 *For all other locations click here
- Official guide for traveling Japan-Travel Japan (JNTO): Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
- Novel Coronavirus information: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. citizens traveling abroad: Department of States (DOS)
- U.S. citizens in Japan: U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Japan
- U.S. immigration: Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- U.S. visa: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Washington State Department of Health
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare