The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will again sponsor a group of five Japanese American high school students to travel to Japan June 24 – July 4, 2017 for the opportunity to learn about Japan and to promote mutual understanding and exchanges between Japanese nationals and young Japanese Americans.
In order to qualify, applicants must be:
- Japanese American High school students (High school students with multi-racial backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.)
- Individuals who hold American Nationality and who do not hold Japanese Nationality
- Individuals who have a strong interest in Japan
- Individuals who lack the opportunity and need assistance to learn about Japan , and
- Individuals who have not been previously invited to Japan by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan on the same program
This is the ninth group of students to be invited for the program. The itinerary in Japan is scheduled to include a visit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, tours of Tokyo and the Kansai area, and a homestay experience. Please refer to the attached documents for more information.
Please send your application by April 29, 2017 to:
Consulate General of Japan in Seattle
Mr. Hiro Tojo, email@example.com, (206) 682-9107 x114
As this is a highly selective program, applicants are encouraged to provide ample detail when completing the application, highlighting what qualities, experiences, and future goals make them an exceptional candidate for the program, and for fostering the U.S.-Japan friendship.
For further information, please contact Hiro Tojo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 682-9107, x114
Application Deadline: April 29, 2017